Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Sometimes I just want to set you on fire...Just kidding. {But seriously}"

Today I watched a friend of mine burn pictures of her life with her ex-husband. We all stood around this charcoal grill as she threw her pictures in and squirted a Shit ton of lighter fluid on them, and then struck a match and chucked it in. BAM! Those pictures were gone in one quick moment, the heat and flames melting and erasing years of memories. I'd say that was the best kind of therapy. It got me wishing that I too could burn up all the memories I had of my past relationship. It would be such a relief to have it all gone.

I'm all about forgiveness and moving on, don't get me wrong. But sometimes you just want to give that person the middle finger and tell them to fuck off.

I mean we all go through the stages of break-ups....the I-cry-everytime-something-reminds-me-of-you, the I-want-them-I-need-them, the I-must-flirt-with-every-guy-to-feel-better-about-myself, the I-swear-if-I-ever-see-you-again-I-will-punch-you, the I-realize-now-how-awesome-I-am-without-you....

So if you're going through a break-up you should know now that it is going to be quite sometime before you get over it. But rest assured you will get over it. Not everything lasts forever, the world is far to finite for that to be possible. 

Another life motto: You won't always get what you want, but you will always get what you need.

So just try to remember that even in sucky situations that you will always have what you need, maybe that's good friends, or awesome family. A lesson learned. whatever. The universe does not leave you empty handed.

As always This is my Manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment