Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Am I the only one who wanted to be a cat lady growing up?"

I think I may have forgotten what it's like to be single. I mean sure I only dated the guy for a year but that was a year of my life that I spent devoting my time and energy to someone other then myself. Not that I am super selfish or anything but when you date someone their needs come first, Usually. Now that I am a single woman again [Well technically I've been single for like five months but I was dealing with the emotions of a break up and why am I explaining myself?]. So now that I am ready in some ways to be back on the market, I realize that I have completely forgotten how it was to be single.

I crush on like every sweet guy that bats his eyelashes in my direction. Thoughts that run through my head on average: 'Look at how perfect his smile is' 'Oh my gosh, he is so funny and we get along so easily' 'Who knows, this may be the one for me'...etc. You get the point. That's slightly pathetic, don't you think? I mean come on you think I wouldn't be so school-girlish after everything that has happened, but no. Here I am again back at the beginning. I am circulating around with the rest of the mainstream world that is searching for "the one". Though that is a concept I don't believe in. But the desire to find someone to connect with on a completely unique and significant level... I totally understand and even support that.

I think I need to implement a new thing for myself...That I try to look at every person as a possible friend, instead of a possible love interest. That might help me keep everything light-hearted and less attached until I figure out everything that I'm going through and how to live for myself. I don't want to build my life around someone else, I want to build my life for me and then invite someone to come share those experiences with me. Because I've often heard that the best kinds of love always bud from really great friendships.

So here's to my quest for a really great friendship with a strong leading male. Wish me luck virtual community of people who may or may not be reading this.

This is my Manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment